SBE provides leadership in the creation of an educational system that personalizes education for each student and respects diverse cultures, abilities, and learning styles. The Board does this through advocacy and strategic oversight of public education, implementing a standards-based accountability system to improve student academic achievement, and promoting achievement of the Basic Education Act goals of RCW 28A.150.210.
Note: The State Board office does not oversee the issuance of educator licenses or certificates, General Educational Development (GED) test results or high school transcripts. The Board does not receive copies of any student records.
To submit a public records request, please follow the instructions on the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction's Public Disclosure page. The State Board of Education follows the Public Records Act regarding disclosure of our public records.
- For assistance in resolving issues or concerns between families and schools, please contact the Washington State Governor’s Office of the Education Ombuds at 866-297-2597.
- For special education concerns, contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instructions's Special Education Team at 360-725-6075.
- For GED test results, contact the Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges at 360-704-4400.
- For high school transcripts, contact the school district or educational institution from which the student graduated or attended.
- For educator licenses and certificates, please contact the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction’s Certification Department at 360-725-6400.
- For an issue regarding a college, professional/technical school, or university, contact the Washington Student Achievement Council at 360-753-7800.
PO Box 47206
600 Washington ST SE
Olympia, WA 98504-7206
Media inquiries: contact Stephanie Davidsmeyer at 360.725.6035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.