Current rulemaking activity | General rulemaking FAQ | Feedback
The State Board of Education has the authority to creates rules for public and approved private schools in Washington state. Rules developed by SBE can be found in Title 180 WAC.
Sign up for updates on this page.
SBE is staff is currently working on this page. You can find the status of SBE rulemaking on the SBE Rulemaking Docket page. The Current Rulemaking Docket was last updated October 2021. You may examine SBE rulemaking publications in the Washington State Register (WSR) on the Legislature's website.
- CR-101 (preproposal of inquiry) for Chapter180-90 and 180-08 WAC that will publish as WSR regarding private schools and regarding practice, procedure, and access to public records.
- CR-103E (emergency rulemaking) for Chapter 180-90 WAC that will publish as WSR 21-20-027 regarding private schools.
- CR-101 (preproposal statement of inquiry) for Chapter180-51 WAC published as WSR 21-03-093 regarding high school graduation requirements.
- CR-103P (permanent rulemaking order) for Chapter 180-111 WAC published as WSR 21-16-045 regarding the emergency waiver program in response to COVID-19.
- CR-101 (preproposal statement of inquiry) for Chapter 180-90 WAC published as WSR 20-12-020 regarding private schools.
- CR-103 (permanent rulemaking order) for Chapter 180-16 WAC published as WSR 21-16-044 regarding state support of public schools.
If you'd like an Office of the Code Reviser certified copy (PDF) of the documents above, please contact us.