Instructions for Enrollment and Staff Reporting in EDS
APPLICABLE EDS REPORTS
Private School Enrollment (Form SPI P105B)
Private School Enrollment Report: Extension Program for Home-Based
Instruction (Form SPI P105HB)
Private School Enrollment Report: Online Program (Form SPI P105OL)
Administrative and Instructional Staff Report (Form SPI 1570)
Each year, approved private schools in Washington state are required to report enrollment in grades K–12 by ethnicity, grade level, and gender. The schools are also required to document information on all instructional staff providing the education to students enrolled in these schools. (RCW 28A.195.060)
Private School Enrollment Report Form (Form SPI P105B)—Regular Students, Private School Enrollment Report—Extension Program in Home-Based Instruction Students (Form SPI p105hb) and private school enrollment report--online students (form spi p105ol)
RCW 28A.195.060 requires approved private schools in Washington state to report student enrollment annually. The information provided by your school on Form SPI P105B, Form SPI P105HB and Form SPI P105OL fulfills this statutory requirement and gives state officials data that is used to predict enrollment trends. In addition, the enrollment counts are used to establish federal funding levels and each approved, non-profit private school’s eligibility for participation in federal programs. In order to be considered in compliance with state and federal laws, required forms must be submitted no later than November 15. The enrollment count will be based on those students enrolled in your school as of October 1. The application will open on October 1.
The Private School Enrollment Report: Extension Program in Home-Based Instruction, Form SPI P105HB, is required only for schools currently approved to offer an extension program as defined in RCW 28A.195.010(4).
Online Enrollment Form
This form is for reporting those students who are in an online school or program attached to your regular school. In order to provide information for education forecasting, we need to have the number of students, by grade level, ethnicity, and gender in your online school/programs.
Administrative and Instructional Staff Report (Form SPI 1570)
This form should be used to submit all administrative and instructional staff information (the form can be accessed by clicking on the “Staff Report” tab at the top of the P105B opening page). This report should include the head of school and all instructional staff only. Teachers, who do not hold a valid Washington state teaching certificate but meet the requirements of WAC 180-90-112(5), must be under the general supervision of a Washington state certificated teacher. The form must be completed by all approved private schools (continuing and initially approved).
Instructions on Accessing the Reports
Please follow these instructions carefully in order to submit the annual enrollment and staff report.
- To log into the system, go to the EDS sign-in page. Look for the pale green box with the red letter “e” in it and click on the box. This will take you to the EDS login page.
- Enter your username (email address) and password. If you are a new school, please contact email@example.com to obtain a username and password. If you are requesting a new account, the email needs to come from the Head of School and should include the middle name and birthdate of the staff who this role is requested for. If you have an existing account, your username and password will remain the same as for your “Private Education Approval” or “Weapons Report.” If you wish to change your password, enter your username and password and click “Login.” On the “Home” tab, select the “Change Password” link and follow the instructions provided for changing your password.
- If you have misplaced your password, the system can send a temporary password to the primary email address listed in your EDS Personal Information. Click the “Forgot your password?” link located under the “Login” button.
- After you have entered your username and password, click “Login.”
- Under the list of your applications, you will find the P105B application set.
- When the initial page opens, select P105B and click “View.” In order to complete this application, you will need your total enrollment count by grade level, gender, and ethnicity as of October 1. Be sure to enter the total number of students enrolled on October 1, which is not necessarily the number of students in attendance on October 1.
NOTE: This electronic application will only accept whole numbers. If you are unsure of the ethnicity of a student, use the “Other” column, or the student’s ethnicity is of multiple races, use the “Two or More Races” column, by gender and grade level. Do not guess the ethnicity of a student, identify what is known to be accurate.
- Once you have completed the electronic form, make sure to click “Submit” at the very bottom of the report. Upon successful completion, you will receive a message that states “Data Saved Successfully” or “Report submitted by _________ on (date).” If you only have regular education students in your school, your enrollment reporting is finished and you may go to Step 10. If you have an extension program or online school/program students continue with Step 8.
- If you are currently approved to operate an extension program for home-based instruction students, you will need to complete the appropriate report by selecting P105HB. Click “View.” Be sure to enter the total number of students enrolled on October 1 as in #6 above. This is not necessarily the number of students in attendance on October 1. Upon successful completion (clicking on Submit), you will receive a message that states “Data Saved Successfully or “Report submitted by _________ on (date).” You are now ready to choose your next report.
- The online reporting form (P105OL) is for reporting those students who are in an online school or program attached to your regular school. In order to provide information for education forecasting, we need to have the number of students, by grade level and ethnicity in your online school/programs. The form is completed in the same manner as the P105B and P105HB with the same message upon submission.
Note: The enrollment reports must be "submitted.” Failure to do so will cause problems with later applications, i.e., Private Participation in Federal Programs.
- Next select the “Staff Report” tab at the top of your screen (new schools will have to enter all staff as new). This will open a report that has been pre-populated with the last reported staff information. You then have the capability to edit or delete current staff information. If you have not done so already, you will need to make sure that all non-certificated staff have their qualifications entered into the system. There are three options at the bottom of the screen; when one is selected, an explanation box will appear where the qualifications can be added.
- You are now ready to add any new staff. The form will walk you through a series of questions regarding new staff members. Tip: enter new certificated instructional staff members first—they serve as supervisors for non-certificated instructional staff. You must enter their Washington state certificate number. This number is included with non-certificated staff they will supervise. The process will provide you with several options for adding staff or providing us with more detailed information on the qualifications of your staff. This will allow us to look at your staffing to determine if there are potential problems with staff not meeting required instructional staff qualifications (WAC 180-90-112 and 180-90-160).
Make sure that you include your head of school/principal on the staff listing. Other administrative staff are not included.
NOTE: Upon successful completion of each addition, you will receive a message that states “Record Added Successfully.” This electronic application will give you red text when deficiencies are present and note where more information is needed.
At the bottom of the form, you will see a “Save” button. Once clicked this will save the information and allow you to leave the application and return later. Once finalized, the report must be submitted by clicking on the “Submit” button on the opposite side of the bottom of the page. Please make a copy of the forms for your school, file and submit electronically by November 15. Thank you for your prompt response.